I’ve completed other Beachbody programs but Body Beast is the first that I’ve made a meal plan for. Luckily, the program comes with a meal plan book that is very easy to use. Score!!
Over the last six months, I’ve realized that I have an ectomorphic body type. That means that I’m naturally skinny and have a very hard time building muscle. I am lucky in that losing weight had been very easy for me. But gaining the muscular body that I dream of is very hard to do. Knowing my body type makes it easier to determine the calories that I need to build my muscles as well as fuel my body. I calculated my calories based on the Body Beast plan and added a few hundred extra calories since I’m a hard-gainer. This meal plan is based on the Build/Bulk 2400 calorie block.
Body Beast: Meal Plan Week 1
- Meal One (7am): 3 egg whites, 1 egg, 1/4 cup spinach, 1/4 cup tomatoes, 1 Ezekiel raisin toast with 1 tsp coconut oil
- Workout (8:15am): preworkout- energy drink, postworkout- protein shake (currently 1 vegan Chocolate Shakeology, 1/2 banana, 1/4 cup almond milk plus water and ice)
- Meal Two (10am): 3 oz chicken, 1/2 cup lentils, 1/3 cup brown rice, 1 cup green beans, 6 almonds
- Meal Three (12pm): 3 oz ground turkey, 1 cup sweet potato, 1/2 cup black beans
- Meal Four (230pm): 3 oz chicken, 1/2 cup lentils, 1/3 cup brown rice, 1 cup green beans, 6 almonds
- Meal Five (5pm): varies
- Meal Six (7:30pm): 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt, 1/2 cup gluten free granola, stevia
Meal Five varies each day. My old meal plan had dinner as the same foods each night. It didn’t bother me but I could tell that not eating the same meal or at the same time as my kids was affecting them. Instead, I decided to make my own meal plans and change dinner slightly each night so we could eat as a family again. Meal Five consists of 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 4 proteins, and 1 fat. So far I have been winging dinners according to the portions but next meal plan I will be sure to pre-plan them so we have even more variety.