Wow, have the last few days been super busy!! Spring break is over and it is back to the daily routine for us. I started Body Beast during the kids’ spring break so my workouts happened whenever I was able to get them in. Now that school is back in, I’m aiming for workouts after I drop the oldest two off (which leaves only my youngest home).
As for workouts lately — I am SO SORE!!!! Yesterday was rest day and my body needed it!! My shoulders and traps are still sore from two days ago! Body Beast is definitely one intense program – nothing less than what I would expect from Beachbody. I am consistently increasing my weights each week so I know that all this soreness will be worth it in the end!
Onto the good stuff – my Meal Plan this week!!
I decided to drop down to the 2200 Bulk/Build block this week. I was gained too much weight too fast last week. As much as I wish that it was pure muscle… I know it’s not. My goal this program is to do a “clean bulk” meaning I want to gain lean muscle with as little fat gain as possible. Gaining fat WILL happen when I am eating at a surplus but I would rather eat clean, healthy, unprocessed foods rather than anything and everything in sight. I am hoping by bulking this way it will be easier to cut at the end of the program!
Body Beast Week 2 Meal Plan
- Meal 1: 1/2 cup Cream of Rice cereal with 2 strawberries, 2 egg whites, 1 Ezekiel Cinnamon Raisin Bread with 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- Workout: Pre workout – AmiN.O. Energy Post workout – 1 scoop Anabolic Halo protein powder, 1/2 banana, 1/4 cup almond milk, water
- Meal 2: 3 oz chicken, 1/2 cup sweet potato, 1/2 cup asparagus, 1/2 cup edamame, 6 almonds
- Meal 3: 3 oz tuna, 2 Tbsp avocado, 1/3 cup brown rice, 1/2 brussels sprouts, 1 Ezekiel low sodium bread
- Meal 4: 2 oz lean ground turkey, 1/2 cup sweet potato, 1/2 cup asparagus, 1/2 cup edamame, 6 almonds
- Meal 5: varies (below)
- Meal 6: 1/5 Greek plain yogurt with stevia to taste
Meal 5 options:
- 3 oz ham, 1 cup green beans, 2 deviled eggs, 1 cup mashed red potatoes (Easter dinner)
- 3 oz grilled steak, 1 cup quinoa, 1 cup sautéed mushrooms & onions,
- Sagi’s protein salad (from Book of Beast)
- Easy fajitas without tortilla – because I’m gluten free (from Book of Beast)
- 5 oz salmon, 2 red potatoes, 2/3 cup mixed veggies
- Sagi’s signature meatballs (from Book of Beast), 1/4 cup gluten free pasta, 1/4 cup spaghetti sauce, small garden salad with oil and vinegar
- Beef & Broccoli stir fry (from Book of Beast), 1/2 cup brown rice
I put each day into My Fitness Pal to double-check the calories and percentages. I am enjoying the freedom of making my own meal plan and really enjoying the extra carbs!
Tomorrow is Build: Legs – one workout that always hurts!! Until next time… keep doing whatever it takes!