Today was the end of the Build phase in Body Beast. Beast Cardio was on the schedule. It is only the second cardio day in 3 weeks and being a (former) cardio bunny, I was super excited. That was until about 5 minute into the workout!! Beast Cardio kicked my booty! It is pretty much weights, just faster. My heart rate was sky high, I was gasping for air, my muscles were shaking, and I’m still sore from this morning… always a good sign of a great workout!
I walked away feeling like this:
Some days Body Beast is a pure challenge. This program is unlike anything I have done before. I am already seeing some serious progress in the last three weeks and I’m excited to see what the Build phase will bring!! Reading this encouraging tweet from the Body Beast team themselves is going to push me even more! Thanks guys!
This past week I have been super hungry. I had lowered my calories my calories for week 2 thinking that I was eating too much. I was wrong. As soon as I finished a meal I was looking forward to the next one. I could hear my stomach growl about an hour after I had eating. I upped my calories back up this week to 2500 calories. It sounds really high but my body has been satisfied. I have even noticed my body leaning out, which I thought was impossible eating so many calories and carbs!
2500 calories – Build Phase
- Meal 1: Overnight Oats. 1/2 cup oats, 1/2 scoop Whey powder, 1/4 cup almond milk, 4 fresh strawberries, 1 Tbsp chia seeds, 1 Tbsp almond butter, cinnamon and stevia to taste
- PreWorkout: Amin.o. Energy
- PostWorkout: Protein shake. 1 banana, 1/4 cup almond milk, 1 scoop Anabolic Halo protein powder, water and ice
- Meal 2: 2 oz chicken, 6 oz sweet potato, 1/2 cup edamame, 1/2 cup green beans, 6 almonds
- Meal 3: 3 oz tuna, 1/3 cup brown rice, 1/2 cup Brussels sprouts, 1 oz avocado, 1 slice Ezekiel toast, 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- Meal 4: 2 oz ground turkey, 1/2 cup edamame, 1/2 cup green beans, 1 hard boiled egg, 1 cutie orange, 6 almonds
- Meal 5: varies
- Meal 6: 2 egg whites, 1/3 cup Jasmine rice, 1 Tbsp salsa
Meal 5 options:
- Sagi Protein Salad
- 4 oz grilled steak, 1/2 cup quinoa, 1.5 cups sautéed mushrooms and onions
- Body Beast chicken fajitas (without tortillas), 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, 1/2 cup quinoa
- 5 oz salmon, 2 red potatoes, 1 cup mixed veggies
- Body Beast turkey chili
- Body Beast Beef & Broccoli, 1/2 cup brown rice
- Baby back ribs, 2 red potatoes, 1 cup green beans
I bulked the majority of my carbs pre- and post-workout instead of eating them equally throughout the day like my last plans. I also realize that baby back ribs isn’t the *healthiest* option out there. I always want to cheat on the weekends so this meal is planned on Sunday and still fits my macros. I’m looking forward to my “mini cheat”.